It’s been a serious love affair in our house with LEGO going on for 3 + years now. I mean when I say we’re dedicated lovers of the brand I mean it. We’ve shed blood, sweat and tears over lego creations… that’s just what happens when you mix a passionate soul (Waylon our 5 year old) with the ingenuity and creative expression produced by a LEGO brick.
Waylon loves to follow the directions on the box when he firsts receives them but once his masterpiece is crafted he usually adds his own artistic expression to it by building outside the boxed instructions adding bricks to different parts that all make up something amazing in his mind and frankly mine too since I’m always blown away at what he creates. Zeke our 2 year old is definitely not left out of this picture as he wants to do everything his big brother does, he’s taken up to building his own special creations and playing with his “guys” for hours. It was so sweet to see Waylon helping him build his new train while teaching him to count the numbers on the side of the bricks. Precious brother bonding right there.
So since my kids have had a fascination with Legos for a while now I developed a list of 5 reason how I’ve seen LEGO shake up their imagination and why it benefits their brains and lives!
- Building with Legos has provided hours of playtime in our house. Boom that’s a gift in itself.
- Fine Motor Skills: I’ve seen our 5 year old’s fine motor skills take off in Kindergarten evidenced by insanely good drawings, coloring in the lines, and penmanship.
- Community: Playing with LEGO has helped our kids connect to other kids that play with Legos. They bond over creations and even trade certain guys and legos.
- LEGO have taught our kids how to follow instruction but also use their imagination to create beyond the box of instructions in turn giving them greater satisfaction and joy in what they create.
- Pride: The look of pride on Waylon’s face after he finishes building a creation is priceless. He has labeled himself a master builder…I love seeing the confidence it builds in him.
I’m sure the love affair with theses bricks will continue for a long time. If you’re looking for a gift that keeps on giving this year we highly recommend LEGO!
Also here are some links to the sets my boys are obsessed with:
*This was a sponsored post for LEGO but as always all words, thoughts and experiences are my own.
Happy Holidays you guys!