Oh January…. my least favorite month of the whole year. I’ve found little reprieve from my nagging thoughts this month…. “You need to sleep train Ruby, you need to give Zeke more attention, you need to be more involved in Waylon’s education, your husband could stand a little more attention even though all you want to do when the kids go to bed is watch Schitt’s Creek on Netflix and eat chocolate Bark Thins, this is YOUR year Chrissy your year for your business to take off, retire your husband, build the home of your dreams and travel like the perfect family”. Phew just writing these thoughts makes me exhausted, it’s no wonder I’ve been in a slump this month. Anyone else feeling like this? I’m a 3 on the enneagram so this is totally normal for me ha ha. Anyways you’re not alone if January and the new year overwhelms you.
Here are some things I’ve learned lately:
- 3 weeks for Christmas break is one week too long….nuff said 😉
- The KonMari tidying method really is life changing. I watched half of the first episode of Tidying Up on Netflex and simply fell in love with Marie Kondo and her method of organizing. I’ll be posting a whole blog post on this soon.
- My therapist says, jealous points to where you’re supposed to go.
- Vinegar gets slime out of everything… If your kids got slime for Christmas then pick up some vinegar from the grocery store!
- The enneagram personality test is life changing….seriously it will change your relationships. Click here to take the test.
Cheers to 2019! Let’s make this year the year we love and accept ourselves fully.