“Oh, I just want what we all want: a comfortable couch, a nice beverage, a weekend of no distractions and a book that will stop time, lift me out of my quotidian existence and alter my thinking forever.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
Our last few weekends have been filled with birthday parties, errands, yard work and beach hangs…not complaining at all because I don’t mind any of that but every once in a while I need a weekend to reset, recharge, and renew my mind from the monotony of my normal.
We rented a home in La Jolla this weekend and decided to do a staycation for Sam’s 40th birthday so I find myself writing this on a hillside overlooking breaking waves and the gorgeous San Diego coastline. In moments like this I breathe deeper, think more or less whatever feels good and I savor just how sweet life can be!
I hope wherever you are this weekend whether you’re in the throws of spring snow, motherhood mayhem, or a weekend getaway that you are able to find a few moments to take some deep breaths, connect with friends, rest on a comfortable couch, drink good coffee and or wine and RECHARGE!
Here are some links I love for the weekend with a couple things I wrote and contributed to around the internet:
- The Brands With The Best Clothing Recycle Programs – Love myself some Madewell High Waisted Jeans… I miss them.
- Everything You Need To Know About Talking To You Kids About Gun Violence – I contributed my thoughts to this topic a couple weeks ago!
- Find The Perfect Gift For Mother’s Day – I curated my own gift guide on the ONA website.
- Just a reminder to breathe deeper and if you have time to mediate my favorite free mediations can be found at christablackgifford.com.
- Sharing more of my story on Live Half Full Blog and dishing about how I started blogging.
*We’re all wearing Birdwell Beach Britches …. we love them for their classic look, durable build, their ethical business model, historical surf roots and more. Use code: CHRISSY for 10% off your first purchase.
Happy weekending friends!