We’re one whole week into 2018 and I know that means probably half of you are making resolutions and goals to stay healthy this year. I’m not sure what the statistic is on people actually keeping their new year’s resolutions but I think it’s probably less then 50%….add one or two kids to that and its even harder to maintain your goals.
I interviewed my mom once about what it was like being a mother back in the 80’s and 90’s and if she would have done anything different. She said the one thing she would have done differently was to make more time for herself to workout and stay healthy. My mom’s words help remind me that it’s okay to prioritize my health while teaching my children how to stay active.
I started making exercise a priority in college so it was a way of life for me early one but when I started having kids it got a lot harder to make the time for it. But it’s not impossible and with today’s gear it’s pretty manage to squeeze a workout in with my kids! Here are the top 5 ways I stay fit with kids.
- Get a jogging stroller and walk or run your kids to school or to do errands.
- Pick a new path or hike to adventure with your kids. Wear the baby in a carrier and stop to do lunges and squats when you can.
- When you kids are napping or playing at home put a “at home” video on and sweat it out in the kitchen or living room.
- Find a gym with good day care or hire a trainer to train you at park while your kids play; I’ve done the with a group of women for a couple years now and it’s been so fun.
- Treat yourself to new workout clothes every season to keep in inspired in saying active. You can do this easily with Old Navy and find really cute active wear that won’t leave you bankrupt. I have found that getting rid of of active wear and replacing it with new designs helps me actually want to workout more.
*This is a sponsored post for Old Navy, all words and thoughts are my my own.
Photography by Meghan Branlund
Shop This Post: