If you’ve ever watched my stories on Instagram than you probably know me as the mom who is always out and about. We are frequently on the go because my boys loves to be out and they’re a little less crazy when we aren’t at the house… so it’s a little out of necessity that we explore all around San Diego. I love it and wouldn’t change a thing! I get asked almost every week what my local recommendations are for family fun in San Diego so I broke it up by North County and South County places to visit. I hope you enjoy this North County guide. If you visit any of these places let me know how you liked them! Enjoy and happy weekend.
- Captains Grounds: Best iced chai latte around plus you can shop for new and vintage clothes and check out the other local artisan in Rais Case and All Ye Citizens across the street.
- Revolution Roasters: Super hip, great decor and really good outdoor seating.
- Baba Coffee: Head here for coffee and or a can of beer! If you’re sans kiddos we recommend linger over a card game or two and then walking through the Carlsbad Antique Shops right across the street.
- Succulent Cafe: Good coffee, tea and plants! You can’t go wrong here. Try the Lavender lattes is divine.
- Lofty Coffee: Don’t let the line fool you…it’s worth the wait and they have great gluten free goodies. We highly recommend taking your coffee to our favorite park at the bottom of the hill Moonlight Beach Park. On the way you’ll find a really great instagramable pink house with a VW bus out front….aint no shame in a quick garage door gram shot.
- Good On Ya: Super organic and healthy but very yummy. Grab some good to eat here and then walk to the newly Medidation Gardens and or Swami’s beach.
- French Corner: I love this tiny cafe in Leucadia. It’s very authentic to the French Culture and the coffee and croque monsieur are perfection…plus they have toys in the back to keep the little ones busy.
- Zumbar: Good coffee, quick bites and minutes from Cardiff reef and really kid friendly beach.
- Leucadia Donut Shoppe: Cash only but so good and so iconic right off the 101.
- VG Donuts in Cardiff: We had our wedding cake made here and there wasn’t a piece left over!
- The Goods: This hip new donut shop in Carlsbad has amazing decor and gourmet donuts to break any diet for…and they have really good coffee so this place is a must.
- Super Donuts in Carlsbad: If you’re in a rush and new a quick sugar fix this is your place because this place has a drive through but be careful because it’s a tight turn (I learned the hard way and busted a taillight here #expensivedonut).
Kid Friendly Restaurants:
Del Mar/La Jolla:
- The Forum: Anthropologie, Free People, Madewell, Lululemon, H&M
Del Mar/La Jolla:
Best activities to do in San Diego:
- San Diego Zoo hands down a must for any family
- Ride bikes in Coronado
- Visit the museums in Balboa Park
- Cruise the cute shops in North Park
- Look for vintage house finds in Little Italy
- Play in the water fountains at the Waterfront Park in downtown
- Wander around Seaport Village
- Stand Up Paddle Board in Oceanside Harbor
Shop This Post: