We will continue to listen, learn, pray, and love. We will teach our children to do the same. Change starts here and now…
This last week was heavy, hard, and good. Every time I wanted to look away and step back into my old comfort zone, I forced myself to stay: stay in the uncomfortable truth, look at the lies I grew up learning from a system that favored me for my skin color, and listen to the stories of inequality that still exist for people of color.
I think it’s more important now than ever to LISTEN. Listen to voices of the oppressed. To learn and unlearn from those who have not be favored in society and have been disadvantaged because of the color of their skin. This should not be. It grieves my heart that we are just now waking up to the injustices that still exist… it breaks my heart that I am just now waking up to these truths.
Here is what you can expect from me going forward:
1. I will show up imperfectly, but I will show up.
2. I will include more people of color, from all ethnicities, in my content.
3. I will share more products, services, and resources from people of color.
4. I will not participate in another all-white giveaway or follow/share group (it never sat right with me and I’ve felt convicted of this).
5. I will trust my intuition and listen to your loving criticism so I can be better for myself, my children, my black followers, and everyone in this space.
6. I will do the work and share it with you all. ?
With Grace and Love,