If you guys are like me and love to go to all the fun places when it’s summer and you want to be organized like the mom that always has healthy snacks at the beach in tupperware, but you’re not gifted in that area…phew I’m probably just describing myself here. Anyways I’ve team up with two of my favorites: Vitamix and Petunia Pickle Bottom to give you one of our healthy recipes: Date balls! Kids can even help make them in the Vitamix and you can pack it all in the Intermix Collection bag. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 1/2 cups raw oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut + 1/2 cup chia seeds (optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- Add a cup of dates to Vitamix and blend with water and honey to taste.
- Blend the dates into a thick puree and blend on medium until it becomes a smooth texture (add water if it becomes too gummy and cinnamon to taste if desired).
- Transfer date puree into a mixing bowl and add coconut sugar while stirring in the raw oats; you can add chocolate chips or slivered almonds to your mix for kicks!
- Stir ingredients until throughly coated with the date puree.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour minimum for the right consistency to form into a ball.
- Scoop mixture with a spoon or ice cream scooper to form into a ball. Then roll the balls over flaked coconut and or chia seeds.
- Pack up in wax paper or your Petunia Pickle Bottom Intermix Snack bag and enjoy. Refrigerate the leftovers.