If you have a child in school you know this school year was hard on everyone on the family. Sam and I went through Pre-K and 3rd grade all over again learning fractions and long division and we are ready for summer like it was 1991 all over again. So we thought it was a perfectly great idea to celebrate our new resilience with a day at Disneyland and when Disney invited us to check out their new Avengers Campus in California Adventure Park we were more excited than the kiddos ha ha.
We knew with the reopening of Disneyland and California Adventure that things would look different so I thought it might help you and or anyone else wanting to experience Disneyland in 2021 if we shared our experience, tips and trick and things we learned that we would do next time we visit….
This is a sponsored post for Disneyland however all words and thoughts are my own. Thanks Disneyland for having us back! Check out the hashtags #AvengersCampus and #HeroesAssemble for more Avengers Campus fun!
How To Get Into The Park: (Via The Disney Parks Blog)
- To enter a theme park, Guests (ages 3 and older) will need a valid ticket and a theme park reservation for the same day and same park they want to visit.
- Until June 15, 2021 only California residents may visit the Disneyland Resort theme parks in groups no larger than 3 households. Proof of residency may be required.
- The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the theme parks. As always, our procedures may change as we continue to update our health and safety processes based on guidance from the state of California and local health officials.
- If planning to travel, please check and follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations and any State travel advisories.
- Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa has begun a phased reopening. Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel will plan to reopen on June 15, 2021 with reduced capacity. The Disneyland Hotel will plan to reopen on July 2, 2021 with reduced capacity. View important details about Disneyland Resort hotels.
- The Downtown Disney District is open with select retail and dining locations.
- Certain parks, hotels, restaurants, attractions, experiences and other offerings are modified or unavailable, will have limited capacity and are subject to limited availability or even closure, and park admission and offerings are not guaranteed.
- Click HERE for reservations!
Click HERE to read more about Disneyland’s reopening information.
Our Arrival Tips:
- Make sure you take a photo of where you park in the “Mickey & Friends” parking lot because at the end of the day it all looks the same and its very confusing to remember where you parked. 😉
- When you exit the parking lot you go down the escalators and or elevator if you have a stroller and then are escorted into another area in the lower parking lot for a health screening check from health officials from HOAG Hospital. This is also where your bag is checked by security.
- The trams from the parking lot to the parks isn’t running so bring snacks and a stroller for kids that don’t want to walk the 20 minute walk to the parks. Walking to the park wasn’t a big deal for our kids cause they were excited but exiting and heading home was a tad harder since they were tired. We saved buying a toy for them at the end of the day so they were entertained on the walk back to the car.
- Entering into the park is very similar to pre-pandemic because you’ve already completed your health screening. The lines to get in at admissions were very fast.
- Once in you might notice that it’s a lot less crowed and areas where you had to wait for photos ops are way less congested. Mickey and Minnie and Friends will be on the other side of the train waving to you as they overlook an open main street. Ruby loved waving to Mickey and Minnie and was only slightly ticked that she couldn’t go up to them.
- Download the Disneyland mobile app to reserve your spot in a virtual queue on some of the most popular rides at Disneyland and California Adventure. Here’s a link to more info on the app and all that it does: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/download-disneyland-mobile-app/
- Choose the ride you really want to experience the most and head there first when you enter the park. Your kiddos will be more apt to wait in that line. We chose Space Mountain for our first ride of the day as it’s my favorite ride since 1993 and I haven’t been on it for almost a decade. The boys waited with Sam for about 45 Minutes and this magic happened….
- the boy were only a tad bit scared ha ha.
- Utilize the “Baby Swap”. While the boys waited in line Ruby and I walked about Tomorrow Land and then I got to walk through the exit as soon as they were done with the ride and ride Space Mountain without waiting in line. Waylon didn’t want to go again but Zeke said: “Mom I’ll go with you, I’ll just close my eyes.” That was a magical mom moment for me.
- Avoid midday long lines by choosing to see a show or eat lunch instead of waiting in line. We tried to wait in line at King Arthurs Carousal in Fantasyland around 12:00pm and the line wrapped about the attraction twice due to social distancing in line. There was no way Ruby (age 2) could wait that long so we left and came back at the end of the day. The line was a lot shorter at the end of the day however since they would not fill the carousal to capacity due to social distancing the line still took us about 45 minutes to get through. She tried to bust through the exit a few times but we distracted her and she learned how to “wait her turn”. There were a few kids in line playing with some Disney figurines and thought that was pretty genius. Next time I’ll pack a bag of small toys to pull out for her in line to keep her busy. When we got to the front of the line Ruby excitedly said: “It’s my turn mama!” It was worth the wait.
- Lastly, if you have a baby or toddler choose to do bigger rides during their “stroller nap”. 😉
There are a few kiosks that you can buy drinks and snacks at but for the most part if you want to eat you must purchase your food through the Disneyland Mobile App and arrive to pick it up at a designated time.
This does make things a little bit tricky as you have to plan ahead more what you want to eat and when. When we were in line at the end of the day for the King Arthur’s Carousel I preordered Ice Cream from Gibson Girl and its as ready for us when we were on our way out. It was perfect timing.
If you purchase Park Hopper tickets you must choose which park you want to attend first and then at 1:00pm you will be able to hop to the other park.
- A Park Hopper Ticket (a Park Hopper Ticket may be included in your Vacation Package)
- If you are an Annual Passholder—Signature Plus passes provide access to both parks every day of the year. For all other pass types, access to both parks is available on select days. See blockout calendar based on your pass type.
Since there is so much to see and do at the Disneyland Resort, we recommend planning a multi-day visit. There are many multi-day ticket options that allow you to explore both parks at a more relaxed pace. Choose how you want to spend each day of your Disneyland Resort experience and purchase the ideal theme park tickets for you.
The Avengers Campus:
Whoa what an amazing experience it was to get to experience the new Avengers Campus! The boys were so excited but not maybe as excited as Sam and I ha ha. No but really if you have kids into The Avengers this experience is one of a life time that brings the best of Marvel to life.
- Disney CEO Bob Chapek teams up with Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Josh D’Amaro and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige to mark the historic moment of the New Avengers campus in California Adventure.
- This immersive new land invites guests of all ages to team up with the Avengers and train to become the next generation of Super Heroes
- ‘Recruits’ find their powers slinging webs on the family-friendly attraction WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
- Spider-Man swings high above the rooftops with incredible acrobatic feats, a first for a Disney Park.
- Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther and the Dora Milaje, Thor, Loki, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America, Captain Marvel and Ant-Man and The Wasp are among those joining the action throughout the Campus. This new land was unveiled June 2nd, 2021 and official opened to the public at the Disneyland Resort on June 4, 2021.
Our kids loved the Web Slinger ride where they had to throw webs while 3-D spider bots tried to take over. Even Ruby our 2 year old enjoyed the ride and was not scared at all. However that might not be saying much since she flirted heavily with Thor and Loki. This ride was good for the whole family!
Also we most note the incredible robotic “Spider-Bots” are exclusively for sale at The Collector’s Warehouse in the Avenger’s Campus….plus many other memorable keepsakes that you can only find her.
My favorite park of The Avengers Campus was the food!
The food here is NEXT LEVEL! You seriously can’t go wrong with any of the options at PYM Test Kitchen, Shawarma Palace, Pym Tasting Lab, and Terran Treats. We highly recommend the Quantum Pretzel and the Not-So-Little Chicken Sandwhich at PYM Test Kitchen, The Sweet Spiral Ration- Pineapple Churro Spiral and my ultimate favorite the Cosmic Cream Orb….This dessert was unlike anything I’ve ever eaten. Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside with whipped raspberry cheesecake mouse. So fun and tasty…. it’s a must!
- Don’t have any expectations. If you visit the parks with your family and let go of expectations you will be able to stay in the present moment more and savor the memories you make.
- If you visit with a baby or toddler expected them to be overstimulated and tired in the afternoon. Don’t plan to do too much during this time. I made the mistake of taking Ruby into the Bibbity Bobbity Boop store in Fantasyland at 3:30pm to look at all the princess dresses and she lost her ever-loving mind. She ripped her clothes off in the store and demanded I put the Ariel dress on her at once. Like a novice I put the dress on her to see if it fit and she thought that meant it was hers and got increasingly upset that I would take the tag and sensor off of the dress. She was simply overstimulated and tired and didn’t know how to regulate all her emotions. She threw the most epic tantrum of her life while I wrestled the mermaid dress off of her and carried her out the store half-naked over my shoulder. It was one for the motherhood memory books. 😉
- If you promise your kiddos a treat or toy purchase it at the end of the day so they have something to play with on the walk back to the car.
- Bring a massage gun or CBD Relief Salve like this one from Equilibria Woman…. your sore muscles will thank you. Use code CHRISSYJPOWERS for 15% off first order.
- Bring an energy pick me ups like these No0tropic Chocolates for energy, clarity and focus when your energy wanes.
- Pack snacks and drinks in a cooler bag that fits on your stroller.
- Pack extra clothes for you messy little ones and sweatshirts for when the sun sets. It’s usually hot in Anaheim during the day hanging around 80 degrees but when the sun sets it gets cold quickly.
- Have fun and enjoy the present.