I’m guilty of looking at the careers of other’s and talking myself out of taking the next step because I’m afraid that it’s already been done, or that I’m not good enough or that there’s just not enough of the pie for me. Have you been there? You probably have, I think it’s a human condition to compare and talk ourself out of risks. Well today I’m going to help you in your decision making skills with some tips that don’t include making decisions out of fear. That’s right, you CAN NOT make decision based on fear because if you did you wouldn’t end up doing anything and that’s just not fun. You can overcome fear and do it scared… this will lead you to LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT!
Here are 5 ways you can know if launching a business is right for you and the next steps you need to take.
How Do You Know If Launching A Business Is Right For You:
- Notice where you’re fulfilled. Is there something is missing in your life or career? Can you visualize a different way of doing things or making money? Start brainstorming what that would look like in your life and what you do if money wasn’t a factor.
- Timing: Timing is and isn’t everything… I know that might sound weird but I don’t want you to get hung up on thinking that everything has to have the perfect timing. Was it the perfect timing to create an ecourse while 36 weeks pregnant and launch it while I had a newborn at home? No it’s probably wasn’t ha ha. Am I glad I did it? YES! I learned so much for this experience and it only has led me further down the path of my calling. So with that being said, don’t quit your day job until you feel like you’re in a position of strength but don’t wait until you feel like everything is perfect. Life will never look perfect; sometimes you just need to jump in the deep end and figure your way out.
- Make a plan of when you would want to launch your business and what you would need financial to transition out of your current position. You don’t want to go into a lot of debt your first month into entrepreneurship. Investing is one thing but banking everything on your business right out the gate might not be the best choice. Also make sure your plan is flexible for the hurdles that will come your way.
- Make a list of your fears and then under each fear write how you will overcome that fear based on the love for your passion and business. The love for you business, brand, goal or new endeavor must be greater than your fear.
- Manifest it! I know this might sound woo woo but it’s totally not! It’s scientific. What you put out there you get back. Write out what you want and under each thing write “thank you” as if you’ve already received it. Switching your thinking from a view that you’re lacking to one of abundance is probably the best thing you can do for your life and business. Then when you get what you want come back here and tell me please!
Check out the latest “Sure, Babe” podcast episode with Julia Wheeler on how she transitioned from working at Transworld Surf Magazine to owning two of her own business.