I’ve been eyeing charcuterie board art on Instagram for a while now so when my friend Sunny @sage_and_honey_ shared with me that she is a master (those are my words not hers)… I thought I would take a lesson from her in how to put together one of these tasty and beautiful foodie boards. Bonus this board is all gluten free!
Here are Sunny’s step by step tips for building a bomb charcuterie board:
- Pick a platter and buy enough ingredients to fit the size of your platter.
- Layer on your cheese: chose one hard, one soft, and one semi-soft.
- Next place your bigger items on the plater: sliced oranges, chunky grapes and bigger veggies.
- Layer on your meat trail: salami, prosciutto and other cured meats.
- Add veggies like cucumbers, carrots and pickles.
- Fill in the gaps with nuts, dried fruit, walnuts, dried apricots, chocolate covered almonds, olives and berries.
- Finish it all off with fresh herbs and flowers to make it all pop and set the scene for your party.
Also how cute are these two?! Zeke was so excited to have Sunny’s daughter Lucca over for a play date while we made charcuterie magic. They’re both in the same preschool class but he talked all day about how he had a friend that was a GIRL that came over ha ha!
Click here if you want to check out more of Sunny’s work.