Life is beautiful and ugly and good and hard all at the same time… it’s a paradox. On social media I show mostly the joyful and happy moments with “real” captions, but a half the time I’m struggling with how to do it all, how to do it all well and get appropriate sleep while I’m at it. Learning and “hopefully” becoming better is something I hope to never give up on… this journey of attaining knowledge and wisdom is what it’s all about. As the popular hashtag says, “The Struggle Is Real” but I’d like to add that it can also be your teacher. Over the past few weeks I’ve come across some great “teachers” aka articles, podcast episodes, and books that have inspired me. Here they are for your enlightenment and pleasure!
- The Goddess Myth: How a Vision of Perfect Motherhood Hurts Moms….so much truth in this piece which also made me think twice about what I post online.
- The Rise of Picture-Perfect Motherhood...another inspiriting and thought provoking article about the portrayal of motherhood.
- How to take a “family gap year”…. homeschooling and all!
- Obsessed with all of Esther Perel’s (couple’s therapist) work, this article “Why is Modern Love So Damn Hard?” and listening to her book, “Mating in Captivity” on Audible and her Podcast “Where Should We Begin?”.
- I’m working on having better boundaries so this episode “The One On Boundaries” by Rob Bell was some of the best stuff I’ve ever heard on the topic.
- Just for fun…my favorite boots from M.Gemi in LEOPARD….
- aaaand the toy/couch/cushions that every kid should have because there’s endless ways to use it…Nugget Comfort.