I have so many ideas that I don’t know where to start or what to focus on… pair that with the after Christmas limbo and it’s the perfect storm for overwhelmed thoughts and emotions. So what’s a girl to to do when she feels like a hot mess?
Working out grounds and centers me so well. The endorphin high from a good sweat is something our minds and bodies need. It’s not the easiest thing to make time for with 3 kids and a business but when I make it a priority I’m at my best in all my other roles. In partnership with Old Navy I’m showing off their super cute athletic wear for everyone in the family and sharing how I make working out a priority.
My Top Tips for Making Exercise a Priority:
- Set a realistic goal and stick with it. Don’t over commit yourself to working out by thinking you’re going to get in 60 + minutes of pumping iron or rolling tires at your local crossfit…. make a reasonable commitment to one workout program like an “at home program” or walking and running around your neighborhood.
- Work out in your kitchen. At home workouts are my secret sauce! Working up a sweat in my kitchen or garage for a good 20-30 minutes has helped me see faster results than anything else.
- Purchase some new workout wear that fits you now. Don’t wait for the body you want to have, appreciate and dress your current body with athletic wear that’s cute and comfortable. I love all the athletic wear designs from Old Navy and BONUS, they are affordable!
- Dress in workout wear first thing in the morning to remind yourself that you need to exercise before you get ready for the day.
- Schedule your workout….literally write it down in your calendar or and set a reminder on your phone.
- Reward yourself for meeting goals along the way. This might look like a fun coffee date or shopping spree at Old Navy ;).
- Make working out a fun multitask. I like to walk my kids to school in a jogging stroller and run home while listening to an inspirational podcast.
- If you have a fussy baby bring them into your workout. I often wear Ruby in a carrier while doing squats and lunges or lay her on a yoga mat while I make her smile and laugh by doing my workout around her. Check my IGTV video @chrissyjpowers for different exercises you can do with a baby.
Shop our look:
* This was a sponsored post for Old Navy, all thoughts a words are my own.