“The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.” -Jacques Yves Cousteau
This quote could not be more true for our family…we have the best time visiting places along this great big beautiful coast of ours. Pacific Beach did not disappoint. PB holds many memories for me. I first fell in love with San Diego as a young girl from Northern California who would visit this area of San Diego every fall. My family vacationed here every year and I knew some day I had to call this fine city home. Pacific Beach has a wide variety of fun things to do like riding the roller coaster at Belmont park, biking on the boardwalk and shopping on Garnet Street. It is somewhat an enclave for college students but we had a great time none-the-less….I mean hey, I was once a young college coed biking down the same boardwalk in a bathing suit. We loved staying at Tower 23, walking on the pier, and eating around the parameters of the hotel. Here are my recommendations for family travel in Pacific Beach along with wayyyyyy too many photos of our fun weekend getaway. Sometimes it’s just too hard to edit out good memories. Hope you enjoy!
STAY: TOWER 23
- JRDN (If you’re dinning with kiddos ask to be seated on the heated patio in the family friendly area)
- Ramiro’s Mexican Food (legit)
- Denny’s (Reliable, easy, inexpensive, and kid-friendly…nuff said right!?)
- Konos (Breakfast all day long!)
- The Baked Bear (Custom made Ice Cream Sandwiches)
- Board & Brew Sandwiches (I had the California Club and it was perfection)
- Urban Outfitters
- Brandy Melville
- The Shell Shop (not really it’s name but it’s across from Konos and it has beach toys)
*Special thanks to Tower 23, Tevas, Blundstone, and Miann & Co for sponsoring this post.
You can shop our look here: