One of the most frequently asked questions I receive is “how do you make time for fitness when you have small children?” It’s definitely not as easy to get a workout in with a 5 and 1 year old around, but when you find a way to incorporate them in your fitness routine it’s not so difficult. When my youngest turned 2 months old I knew that wearing him while working out was going to my only way to get back into shape. I strapped him to my chest, joined a workout group of moms and got back into shape while wearing an extra 14 pounds of Zeke. I love lists! They’re easy to write, easy to read and so helpful when dishing out hacks. Here’s one of my top family health and fitness hacks on how we stay healthy and fit.
- Find an activity you can do together. We have a double jogging stroller and love to go for family walks/runs together on the weekends. (If Waylon, our oldest, is restless we bring his scooter or bike and let him scoot next to us while we run or walk. If that doesn’t work I give him my phone or ipad and let him use some of his screen time while I run.)
- Drink more water and make the switch from sugary drinks or juice to flavored water like Hint Water. Hint water offers a variety of flavors and even a recurring subscription service-which allows for each member in the family to have one or two personal favorites. Hint water is 100% natural, with no sugar or preservatives. Hint is the perfect drink to take on the go…I’m in love with their blackberry flavor.
- Find a midweek workout that allows children like Stroller Strides. I do a circuit training workout once a week at a park while the kids play. It’s an excellent workout even if we’re running back and forth from sets, sprints, and sit-ups to breaking up playground scuffles.
- Adventure with the family in nature. Find a new hiking a new path or go swimming at the local pool together.
- Let the kids pick it out a new veggie or fruit at the store and cook it for dinner.
- While at the park or an outdoor area find a bench and let the kids play or scoot around you will you do dips, lunges and jumps on the bench and do not care one bit if people watch you; most likely they’re thinking look at that awesome mom showing her kids how to be healthy!
- Get an insulated bag so you can bring healthy snacks on the go and keep your Hint water cold! This makes going through the drive through a lot less likely, but if you have do there is no judgement here! Nope not one bit…I love that most places now have healthy options so just try to choose those and you’re golden.
I hope some of these ideas were new for you and that you feel inspired to get active with your family. I think Hint makes it fun and delicious to drink more water! Give it a try this summer I think you’ll like them… also I have a special coupon code CHRISSYP20 that you can use for 15% off at drinkhint.com. *The code expires 8/31/2017 at 11:59 pm PST. Code applies to one time purchases of hint® water, hint fizz®, hint kick™ or hint® sunscreen. Excludes subscriptions, packs, and bundles. Cannot be combined with any other promo codes or offers. Other exclusions may apply.
Shop this post: