I hope you all had a great week and that you have some awesome Father’s Day plans coming up. Ahhh! I just remembered that I forgot to send a card to my own father. Sorry dad! I love you and I know you always read my posts so here’s to you, the best dad I could have ever asked for. I’m so much like you it scares me, but you instilled a confidence in me that I will be forever grateful for. My father is a wonderful writer, scholar, pastor, and friend. He writes profound thoughts and emails them to all his children. My reply is the same every time…”Dad you need a blog!” In honor of my father and his years of fathering not only me but many others…here are some of his thoughts on God, life, and theology as well as other fun reads I think you might want to check out this weekend.
- Learn more about God’s character and goodness in “Is God Safe Prosperity Gospel” by Phil Storrer.
- Funding this…some of the most innovative, simple, parent-friendly and fun toys for children….Hide-a-boo Hideouts. I can’t wait to get one for my boys. These teacher-designed hideouts are so cute and entertaining but also brain stimulating and helpful for childhood development. Support their Kickstarter campaign here.
- Father’s Day shopping for those surf loving dads with Birdwell Beach Britches.
- Loving this podcast by “This American Life” about the Birds and the Bees and how to answer some of children’s most difficult questions. I especially loved the part on learning how to help children grieve loss and explain death.
- Orlando…So hard to find words to describe this type of pain and devastation in our country but Rob Bell did that well in his Podcast this week appropriately named “Orlando“.
- “8 Great Gifts for Grill-Savvy Dad” by the Food Network because my husband is the grill master, I am not, and I’d like to impress him with a rad grilling gift.
- Styling my new “Blakely” necklace from Natalie Borton.
- “10 Inspirational Instagram Accounts You Should Follow” by She is Light.
(Photography by Taryn Kent)